Read the following text. Choose the best word(s) for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on the ANSWER SHEET. (10 points)
In Cambodia the choice of a spouse is a complex one for the young male. It may involve not only his parents and his friends,１those of the young women, but also a matchmaker. A young man can 2 a likely spouse on his own and them ask his parents to 3 the marriage negotiations. or the young man's parents may make the choice of a spouse, giving the child little to say in the selection. 4 , a girl may veto the spouse her parents have chosen. 5 a spouse has been selected, each family investigates the other to make sure its child is marrying 6 a good family.
The traditional wedding is a long and colorful affair. Formerly it lasted three days 7 by the 1980s it more commonly lasted a day and a half. Buddhist priests offer a short sermon and 8 prayers of blessing. Parts of the ceremony involve ritual hair cutting, 9 cotton threads soaked in holy water around the bride's and groom's wrists ,and 10 a candle around a circle of happily married and respected couples to bless the 11 .Newlyweds traditionally move in with the wife's parents and may 12 with them up to a year, 13 they can build a flew house nearby.
Divorce is legal and easy to 14 ,but not common .Divorced persons are 15 with some disapproval. Each spouse retains 16 property he or she 17 into the marriage, and jointly -acquired property is 18 equally. Divorced persons may remarry, but a gender prejudice 19 up .The divorced male doesn't have a waiting period before he can remarry 20 the woman must wait the months.
1. [A] by way of [B] as well as [C] on behalf of [D] with regard to
2. [A] adapt to [B] provide for [C]compete with [D] decide on
3. [A] close [B] renew [C]arrange [D] postpone
4. [A] In theory [B] Above all [C] In time [D] For example
5. [A] Although [B] Lest [C] After [D] Unless
6. [A] into [B] within [C] from [D] through
7. [A] sine [B] or [C] but [D] so
8. [A] test [B]copy [C]recite [D] create
9. [A] folding [B] piling [C] wrapping [D] tying
10. [A] lighting [B] passing [C] hiding [D] serving
11. [A] meeting [B] association [C] collection [D]union
12. [A] grow [B] part [C] deal [D]live
13. [A] whereas [B] until [C] for [D] if
14. [A] obtain [B] follow [C] challenge [D]avoid
15. [A] isolated [B] persuaded [C] viewed [D] exposed
16. [A]wherever [B] however [C] whenever [D]whatever
17. [A] changed [B] brought [C] shaped [D] pushed
18. [A] divided [B] invested [C] donated [D] withdrawn
19. [A]clears [B] warms [C] shows [D] breaks
20. [A]while [B] so what [C]once [D] in that